Strategic Educational Alliance of Southeast Asia (SEA2) 2019 Conference Manila, Philippines
Last September 2019, Assumption College, San Lorenzo hosted the Strategic Educational Alliance of Southeast Asia (SEA2) 2019 Conference Manila with the theme of: Empowering ASEAN Youth as Agents of Change.
SEA² aims to bring schools from Southeast Asia together to create greater synergy between educators and students in the region. 11 different schools from Southeast Asia attended the conference:
- Assumption College, Philippines (San Lorenzo, Makati, Antipolo and Iloilo)
- Hanoi Amsterdam (Vietnam)
- Hwa Chong Institution (Singapore)
- Jakarta Nanyang School (Indonesia)
- Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan (Brunei)
- Nanyang Girl’s High School (Singapore)
- Sekolah Darma Yudha (Indonesia)
- Sekolah Indonesia Singapura (Singapore)
- Sekolah Menengah Sains Muzaffar Syah (Malaysia)
- Sekolah Tun Fatimah (Malaysia)
- Strisuksa Roi Et School (Thailand)
Metta and iNay works as the ambiance of the conference and welcome the delegates with the opening ritual: The Prayer of Six Directions, movement with the song “Let's Make a Dream” and “Grateful” and presented globe pins as a noble gift. While on the community night, delegates jammed with Hernandez Brothers and celebrated friendship through dance and music.
On the last day of the conference, Metta and iNay presented heart pins as a special gift for the delegates. The conference ended with the closing circle and movement in spiral with the song “Grateful” of Nimo Patel.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi